Monday 28 February 2011

Chocolate, Chocolate, Everywhere

So. We're at the halfway point of this challenge and I, too, haven't found it too difficult. At least with the big stuff. This is my fourth year participating in the challenge and over the years I've slowly swapped out my coffee, tea, and chocolate for fair trade options. What I'm beginning to realize, however, is how often the little purchases come up. It's easy to control what you buy or make or eat at home. But when I'm out to lunch (hmm...) or someone is hosting me, it's more difficult. I walked away from a perfectly lovely white chocolate mousse last week. It had a chocolate crust.

Desserts, I've discovered, are often made with chocolate or have a chocolate ganache or crust. Which wouldn't be a big deal, but I love dessert. I've taken to suggesting that restaurants and cafes offer a fair trade chocolate dessert during the challenge. Mostly I'm getting a look that resembles the deer in headlights, but you never know...

- Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment