Monday 21 February 2011

One Week In

Well, the first week of the One Month Challenge has gone by, and so far no problems! I started the week off by picking up a few boxes of Fair Trade teas - one from Safeway and two others from Vita Health in Osborne Village - and a chocolate bar for Valentine's Day. If I can keep my tea consumption down to one or two cups a day max, I should be fine for the month with the supplies I've got.

My main concern area was coffee at work. I spend two days a week in the Manitoban office in University Centre. On production day and our weekly staff meeting, the paper picks up an urn of coffee for staff and any volunteers who happen to be around. Generally, on these two days I pound back at least a cup or two, saving a good five bucks at least a week. I had resigned myself to ponying up the cash on these days and heading to Degree's to buy my own cup, but luckily the Boss, knowing I'd undertaken the challenge myself and being interested in the issue, had requested Fair Trade coffee for the meetings, and IQ's delivered!

So now, one week in, I've nothing overly challenging to report. Hopefully the next three will be equally painless. I'll keep you posted!

- Sheldon

1 comment:

  1. Thats great. With little to no demand you were able to make one small change. Hopefully with more people demanding fair trade these small changes will add up .

    ReplyDelete