Tuesday 8 March 2011

Loosely Defined

I'm a big fan of loose tea. And I love that with loose tea there are so many options- herbal, green, white, black, fruit, rooibos. But in undertaking this challenge, I've discovered that there aren't a lot of options for fair trade loose tea. In fact, a call to local tea shops revealed that fair trade loose tea is not easily available in Winnipeg. (I might be wrong, please let me know if I am.)

I don't know enough about fair trade to know if herbal teas or green tea, say, are in need of the certification. Because these aren't considered true tea. Nonetheless, in the name of the challenge I have gone without. I stocked up on boxed teas- rooibos and peppermint- at Ten Thousand Villages. But this seems a bit of a grey area for me. Can't wait until the summer when I can make my own herbal teas. But for now, boxed tea it is.

- Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment