Sunday 27 February 2011

Half-way There


The One-Month challenge has reached the halfway mark… or it will in the next day or so. At this half-way point, I am happy to report that I haven’t found the challenge very challenging, and rather enjoyable to boot! My stock pile of Fair Trade teas and coffee is holding out strong, though I sense I’ll need to restock before the end of the month.

A few days ago, though, there was a moment that could have created a slight problem. I was at work in Osborne Village, and desperately needed a pick-me-up mid-shift. I had already taken my lunch break, so I didn’t have time to run down to Vita Health, buy some Fair Trade beans, come back to the office and cook up a pot.

Generally, in these instances I would just hit up Second Cup for a mug of caffeinated goodness (bring your own mug, save a disposable cup and save a few cents in the process, as they offer a discount to those with their own cups).  I figured that Second Cup must have at least one fairly traded coffee to choose from, and that I wouldn’t have to go to Starbucks instead.

Luckily, all of Second Cup’s coffee blends are Fair Trade! I happily bought a cup of Paradiso, and headed back to work. Now if only other coffee shops, particularly those on campus, could get on board!

- Sheldon

No comments:

Post a Comment